This sweet treat will delight your tastebuds with this Strawberry Stuffed French Toast recipe.
French toast is a time-honored breakfast dish, so why not toss something different into the mix with a stuffed version?
The buttery crust is crisp on the outside while the inside is soft with a strawberry cream spread in the middle. Add some butter, syrup and powdered sugar and you’ve got a recipe that a common dish into a festival of flavors.
Not to mention a high-quality sugar coma.
Caution: This is a high sugar food, I don’t know how many calories and such is in this delicious treat but rest assured it is high.
Very Berry Stuffed French Toast
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Preserves
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest shredded
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Half-and-Half
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier or Orange Juice with pulp
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 slices Texas Toast Bread
- Strawberry Syrup as needed
- Butter as needed
- Strawberries sliced – as needed
- Powdered Sugar as needed
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, strawberry preserves, and orange zest until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, Grand Marnier (or Orange Juice) and vanilla extract. Pour into a shallow bowl or pie plate. Set aside.
- With a paring knife, slice a pocket into the side o each bread slice (do not cut all of the way through the bread). Fill bread slices with a heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- In a skillet, melt some butter over medium heat. Dip filled bread in the egg mixture and brown for 1 or 2 minutes per side in hot butter.
- Serve hot with strawberry syrup, sliced fresh strawberries, and powdered sugar.