Paid Advertisement
Join us for our Winter Clearance, starting Monday, January 6th! 25%-50% off select clothing  25% off select Hobo purses 25% off ALL Frasier Fir products 25% off ALL ornaments  25-50% off select jewelry

The Pennsylvania State Police, Troop H, Harrisburg station continues to investigate the homicide of 46-year-old Tyrone M. Shaw of Roselle Park, New Jersey.

Shaw was murdered nearly a year ago on a Monday, February 4th, 2019 between 7:10 and 7:30 p.m. He was sitting in his disabled car on Interstate 81 North at mile marker 75.4, West Hanover Township, in Dauphin County.

Shaw died from a single gunshot wound to the head after his SUV became disabled along the shoulder of the highway. His death appears to be an isolated incident with no known danger to the general public, police said.

Witnesses have described the presence of a second vehicle positioned behind Shaw’s SUV around the time of his death. Police said evidence indicates Shaw was killed within minutes of breaking down on I-81, police said.

Investigators learned Shaw visited at least one residence in Harrisburg’s Allison Hill section in the hours preceding his death.

Troopers continue to work with the New Jersey State Police and the Harrisburg Police Department to develop information and leads. 

Paid Advertisement
The Chamber Staff is always available to talk with you about how your business could greatly benefit from membership.

Reward offered for info

The State Police in Harrisburg continues to seek the public’s assistance with this investigation which is active and ongoing. Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000 cash reward for information leading to an arrest in the case. Individuals may submit tips anonymously through the Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers website. They can also send a text tip to 717-645-3275 or contact the PSP Harrisburg Station at 717-671-7500. Reference incident # PA19-148032.

The case resembles a similar shooting on I-81 in Franklin County a half dozen years ago.

Similar I-81 shooting in 2014

Timothy “Asti” Davison, 28, of Poland, Maine, died after being run off I-81 into the median in the early morning hours of Jan. 4, 2014, then shot in the head while sitting in his disabled car.

Davison was driving north on I-81, returning home after visiting relatives in Florida. His encounter with the killer began in I-81’s northbound lanes in Maryland that night. He called 911 while still on the Maryland side of the state line to report that someone was shooting at him and trying to run him off the road.

The 911 center in Washington County, Md., lost the call when Davison crossed into Pennsylvania. He called 911 again and Franklin County’s 911 center picked it up. Davison reported that the Ford was still in pursuit and he was trying to get away. The killer rammed his silver Mitsubishi from behind and pushed into the median. A few minutes later Davison told the 911 operator that the Ford had turned around and was coming back, in the southbound lane. 

The killer shot Davison as he sat in his car in the median, near the Mason Dixon Auto Auction south of Greencastle.

Investigators gathered a lot of evidence from the scene, and Davison’s family offered a big reward for information. Tips poured in, but it wasn’t until another murder in West Virginia About 1 1/2 years after the murder that police got their first real break in the case.

Apparently motivated by tip money, a Waynesboro couple provided information that led to the arrest of a West Virginia man, who last year was convicted of Davison’s murder.

Local Crime News

Waynesboro Police Investigate Report That Letter Contained a Hazardous Substance

A report that a letter opened by a Waynesboro resident Friday sent police and a hazardous materials specialist to the 300 block of Ringgold Street.
Paid Advertisement
Advertise on Franklin County Free Press for only $50 a week

Leave a Reply