PHOENIXVILLE, Pa. – The Penn State Mont Alto men’s soccer team saw a pair of second half goals stun them against the Patriots of the University of Valley Forge. PSUMA were defeated by a 2-0 score and dropped to 5-2 overall on Tuesday evening.
How it Happened
- A pair of unassisted goals about two minutes apart powered Valley Forge to the win. Mathurin Allawai netted the first goal at the 48:54 mark. Colton Swan bested Austin Moore (Brockway, Pa. / Brockway Area) in the 50th minute for the Patriots.
- Mont Alto ended up outshooting Valley Forge by a 18-17 margin, including12-6 in the second half.
- Valley Forge keeper De’Andre Rogers made 11 saves, which included nine stops in the second period.
Inside the Box Score
- Shounak Barat (Hagerstown, Md. / North Hagerstown), Trenton Shetler (Waynesboro, Pa. / Waynesboro Area), Josiah Chapman (Harrisburg, Pa. / Home Schooled) and Adrian Casey (Duncannon, Pa. / Susquenita) each finished with three shots.
- Moore finished with five saves.
Moving ahead, Mont Alto will travel to Patrick Henry College at 3 p.m. Thursday.
FRANK MAIRA is Assistant Director of Athletics/SID at Penn State Mont Alto