A great toy for kids of all ages. This is a big slide so you are going to need some room for it. Although the manufacturer says it can be used on an above-the-ground pool with a big enough deck, I question the wisdom of that statement. This toy is best suited for in-ground pools.
My 5-year-old grandaughter gets going pretty fast coming down the slide. When I slide down it I can glide to the other side of my in-ground pool which is the distance of about 20 feet from the slide.
The larger the individual using the slide the larger the wake when they hit the water. An above-the-ground pool might not be able to withstand the wake from the slide.
From the Manufacturer: Make a big splash this year for some “kool” fun by taking the plunge down with the Intex Water Slide. The slide is made of super-strong 20-gauge vinyl material for durability and safety.
It is fun for family and friends, take a cool slide into your backyard pool and enjoy your summer. Great for most any in-ground pool and any above-ground pool with a sufficient pool height deck.
Engineered with five separate air chambers for extra safety and durability. The Intex Water Slide accepts a garden hose for the built-in sprayers to keep the waterslide surface wet and fun. It features eight heavy-duty handles for safer climbing and carrying.
- Attach garden hose for sprayers to wet the slide surface
- Featuring fun wave graphics, 5 air chambers, 6 heavy duty handles, and sturdy 20 gauge vinyl construction
- 176 maximum weight limit
- Dimensions: 10ft 11in L x 6ft 9in W x 3ft 10in H
- Age: 6+
- Amazon Reviews – 761 Reviews – 3.4 ★★★☆☆
- Google Reviews – 12 Reviews – 3.9 ★★★★☆
- Target Reviews – 613 Reviews – 4.1 ★★★★☆
- Walmart Reviews – 2,799 Reviews – 3.8 ★★★★☆
We like this toy. It is big, has a water sprayer for the slide and a landing pad at the bottom to prevent hitting the wall on the way into the water.
We have had it inflated and in the pool for about 3 weeks now. We leave up 24/7 and top off the air each time we use it.
The two bottom air chambers have accumulated water which will become an issue over time. It’s not too hard to get the water out but you will probably never get the dampness out. Without fully drying out, bacteria will grow and break down the plastic at an accelerated rate. We will update this review when the slide becomes unusable. From the reviews, it seems to have an average lifespan of 1 or 2 years.
We placed an outdoor carpet under it to protect the bottom from the concrete it sits on.
Water Saftey from Intex
To Reduce the Risk of Drowning and Injury
- Learn how to swim.
- Provide constant supervision. A competent adult should be appointed as a “lifeguard” or water watcher, especially when children are in and around the pool.
- Take the time to learn CPR and first aid.
- Instruct anyone who is supervising pool users about potential pool hazards and about the use of protective devices like locked doors, barriers, etc.
- Always use common sense and good judgment when enjoying any water activity.
- Supervise, supervise, supervise.
- Safe swimming depends on constant attention to the rules. A “NO DIVING” sign should be posted near your pool to help keep everyone alert to the danger. You may also wish to laminate the sign to protect it from the elements
Download – Pool No Diving Sign
Download – Pool Water Watcher Sign