Its that time of year when families load the kids in the car after dinner and drive around looking at homes lit with colored lights and festive lawn, and sometimes roof, lights.
Greencastle-Antrim puts a twist to the tradition by turning it into a contest to benefit a local food pantry.
Fifteen homes in the Greencastle-Antrim area have officially registered for the 2019 Heritage Christmas Light It Up exterior home decorating contest.
This year’s contest, sponsored by Fran Kenawell – State Farm and Smeltz Insurance & Financial Services – State Farm, includes homes in both the Greencastle Borough and Antrim Township.
The 2019 Light It Up contestants
- The Bietsch Home at 7450 Kuhn Rd., Antrim Township
- The Cabral Home at 6 Starlight Dr.
- The Doubleday home at 431 W. Baltimore St., Apt. B
- The Faight Home at 137 N. Ridge Ave.
- The Harne Home at 220 / 222 E. Baltimore St.
- The Moreland Home at 422 Catherine St.
- The Myers Home at 1401 Choxes Chase, Antrim Township
- The Peter’s Home at 908 Redwood Dr., State Line
- The Porterfield Home at 12884 Grant Shook Rd.
- The Reagan Home at 257 N. Carlisle St
- The Robinson Home at 14686 Ridge Rd., Antrim Township
- The Smith Home at 430 Catherine St.
- The Todd Home at 7348 Kuhn Rd.
- The Webster Home at 155 Addison Ave.
- The Witmer Home at 2951 E. Weaver Rd.
The public can judge the homes in categories of the most colorful, the brightest, classiest, silliest, or a general favorite.
Vote for your favorite home at $1 per vote. Money collected by the Chamber will be donated to the G-A Food Pantry.
Contributions can be dropped off or mailed to the Greencastle-Antrim Chamber of Commerce by December 20.
The top winner can be seen on the Chamber Facebook page, the Chamber’s website December 20 and announced in the Echo-Pilot on December 24.
For more information contact the Greencastle-Antrim Chamber of Commerce at 717-597-4610.