Feb 1: IceFest 2020 Icing on the Cake
February 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Pull out your favorite scarf and mittens, bundle the kids up and be sure to grab your camera; you won’t want to miss the faces of those that sit upon the giant ice throne for the first time or stand beside their favorite sculpture.
- 8 – 11 a.m $ Pancake breakfast at Trinity Episcopal Church, adult $7 at door, children under 8- $2.00, 58 S. 2nd St. $
- 9 – 8 p.m Main Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from King to Washington St. and Lincoln Way from 2nd St. to Black Ave.
- 9:30 a.m. Pick up animals at Coyle Free Library’s Stuffed Animal Sleep-over, 102 N. Main St.
- 10 a.m. Frozen Flicks- FREE movie, “Toy Story 4”, at the Coyle Free Library, 102 N. Main St.
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Complimentary hot chocolate booth on the square.
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Musical Activities and Class demos by the Cumberland Valley School of Music at Central Presbyterian Church
- 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. $ Icing on the Cake “Down on the Farm” at the Woods Center in the Capitol Theatre, 159 S. Main Street $1 entry. Winners announced at 3:30 $ and FREE cake starting at 4.
- 10 – 8 p.m. FREE Double-Wide Ice Slide – Located in the parking near 133 S. Main St.
- Glass Works-LIVE flame-working glass demonstrations.”- in the King Street parking lot on North Main Street.
- 11 – 3 p.m. $ Chili Q- new format for the Chili Cook-off this year! Located on N. Main St. in the parking lot near 47 N. Main St. Chili, BBQ, music and more. $
- 2 P.M. Frozen Flicks – FREE movie, “Secret Life Of Pets 2”, at the Coyle Free Library, 102 N. Main St.
- 3 P.M. Cumberland Valley School of Music Community Symphonic Band Performance at Central Presbyterian Church
- 4 P.M. FREE CAKE – Icing on the Cake open the doors for FREE pieces of cake from the competition, in the Woods Center at the Capitol Theatre, 159 S. Main Street.
- $ Beer Garden! Stop by for a frosty beverage in the outdoor Beer Garden located near 47 N. Main St. $
- $ Festival Food Vendors – On the square $
11/30 Visitors Center Events Schedule
- 11/30 Visitors Center will be open until 8:00 PM.
- Art Exhibit from 8th Grade Chambersburg Area Middle School South
- Chambersburg Quilt Guild Display & Raffle
- Penn’s Woods Printmakers Display
- 11/30 Center Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- 5:00 PM A Cappella & Unplugged Open Mic kicks – Winner moves on to Round 1 of Acappella & Unplugged at Capitol Theatre in June
Icing on the Cake The 2020 theme is “Down on the Farm.” View and vote for your favorite cakes from 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and FREE CAKE at 4 p.m.!
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Wood Center at the Capitol Theatre, 159 S Main St, Chambersburg, PA 17201, USA
Icing on the Cake is a competitive cake decorating contest featuring sculpted ‘Sugar Art’. Professional, Amateur and Student divisions will be awarded prizes based on judging and…. YOUR VOTE (People’s Choice)!
$1 to enter/vote for your favorite cake-additional votes are $5 for 6 votes and $10 for 13 votes.
Doors will close at 3:30, the room will be cleared, votes are counted and at 4:00 you are welcomed back for FREE cake.
Frozen Flicks: FREE movies at the Coyle Free Library!
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM: Toy Story 4 at 10:00 a.m. and Secret Life of Pets 2 at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Coyle Free Library, 102 North Main Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Chili Q: A chili and BBQ showdown!
Time: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Location: Parking lot next to Main Street Deli, 33 N Main St, Chambersburg, PA 17201, USA
IceFest Beer Garden: Stop by the outdoor Beer Garden on North Main, (behind 53 N. Main, near the Chili Q) for a cold, frosty one! MUST have ID!!
Time: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Parking lot in the rear, 47 N Main St, Chambersburg, PA 17201, USA
Downtown Chambersburg Inc.