Franklin County Commissioners are adding some night meetings to their 2020 board meeting schedule. Commissioners approved four extra meetings a year, to be held in municipalities outside Chambersburg, the county seat.
Dates and times for the extra four meetings have not been announced yet, but commissioners said they would be held quarterly, at night. The move satisfies a campaign promise by newly elected Commissioner John Flannery to make some meetings accessible to constituents who can’t attend the commissioners twice-weekly daytime meetings.
Commissioners made the decision during their annual organizational meeting Monday morning.
Most of Monday’s business involved election of officers and appointments to various boards.
Commissioners did approve an across-the-board 2.5% salary increases for county employees and elected officials.
Other reorganizational meeting highlights include:
- David S. Keller appointed Chairman of the Board of Commissioners,
- John T. Flannery appointed Vice Chairman,
- Robert G. Ziobrowski appointed Secretary.
- Board meeting times approved for 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays with four evening meetings per year to be held in municipalities other than Chambersburg
Appointments of Commissioners to Boards
Keller will serve on the Franklin County Soil Conservation District Board, Library Board, Drug & Alcohol Advisory Board, and the Criminal Justice Advisory Board.
Flannery will serve on the Children & Youth Advisory Board, Franklin County Penn State University Cooperative Extension Board, Hagerstown Eastern Region Metropolitan Planning Organization, and Franklin County Visitors Bureau.
Ziobrowski Will serve on the Mental Health/Intellectual Disabilities Advisory Board, Council of Governments, Local Elected Official of the South Central Workforce Investment Board, Penn State Mont Alto Campus Advisory Board, and Franklin County Blighted Property Review Committee.
All three commissioners will sit on the Local Emergency Planning Committee, Tuscarora Managed Care Alliance, and the Franklin County Metropolitan Planning Organization.
Appointments of Community Members to Boards
- Agricultural Land Preservation Board – Greg Cook, George Fries II, Jeff Grove, Edward Brake
- Franklin County Assessment Appeals Board – Jeffery S. Brown, Kerry Watson, Gary Pentz, Thomas Donohue (alternate)
- Soil Conservation Board – Paul Witter, Mike Ross
- Franklin County General Authority Board – Dr. John Benhart
- Franklin County Letterkenny Industrial Development Authority Board – Glenn (Chip) Deardorff, Jr., Angela Fogelsonger, Robin Harmon
- Local Emergency Planning Committee – Chief William Durfee, Matthew Kendall, L. Michael Ross
- Library Board – Patricia McClain
- Franklin County Metropolitan Planning Organization – Jessica Clark, Michelle Tarquino
- Planning Commission – Cindy Lawver, Dr. John Benhart, Dr. George Pomeroy
- Franklin County Redevelopment Authority – Patrick Fleagle