CHAMBERSBURG (Oct 3, 2019) – The Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce is actively seeking nominations for the Business Person of the Year award from its members and the community.
Given annually, the award recognizes an outstanding individual for their professional leadership, business growth and community impact. This year’s winner will be announced at the Business Breakfast: Annual Meeting Dec. 19 at Wilson College.
Criteria for Business Person of the Year include:
- The individual selected shall be someone who has started, developed, expanded or effectively managed a business in the Chambersburg area for a minimum of five years.
- Evaluation for the award will cover the most recent 10-year-period.
- The individual will be evaluated for business, civic and/or volunteer work and accomplishments.
- The individual selected shall be someone who has contributed to the economic growth and development of the Chambersburg area. Contribution and involvement in the growth and development of human, natural or financial resources of the community should be considered.
- The individual should be a recognized leader in the community.
- The business must be a current member of the Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce and must have been a member for at least one calendar year (view the member business directory at Chambersburg.org or call 717-264-7101 for verification of membership).
To nominate someone, please complete the online nomination form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6RYZGK2.
Nominees will be reviewed and the winner chosen by a selection committee of past recipients, business leaders and community members. If you have any questions, please contact Lark Kennedy at email@example.com or call 717-264-7101.
The Chambersburg Chamber is the largest business advocacy organization in Franklin County with more than 800 members. It is committed to the prosperity of its members while enhancing the quality of life in the Chambersburg area. For more information, visit Chambersburg.org.