To the Editor:
My name is Patty Dolaway and I am writing to endorse my husband, Herb for re-election to the 5th Ward Borough Council of Chambersburg.
Herb has been honored to serve the residents of the 5th Ward and the entire Chambersburg Borough for the past 3½ years. If re-elected he will continue to keep the best interest of our community at the forefront when casting his vote at Council. Herb is always willing to listen to all sides of any issue and make an informed decision.
He takes his role as representative of the 5th Ward seriously. Constituents are always welcome to call or email him if they have problems or issues that need addressed. I have witnessed him advocating for residents and making the right connections with Boro Departments to get answers to questions.
Here are some facts about Herb and his service to our town:
- Served on the interview committee to hire our new Fire Chief and Police Chief
- Ensured the Borough carefully considers requirements for curbs and sidewalks
- Increased pedestrian and bicycle safety
- Supported the construction of the Chambersburg Aquatics Center
- Served on the Shade Tree Commission to preserve and plant trees in our town
- Voted to stop casinos from opening in Chambersburg
- Voted to stop undesirable businesses from being able to open in residential neighborhoods
As Your Borough Council Representative He Will Continue to:
- Respond personally and timely to resident concerns and work to find solutions
- Keep our taxes low and promote applications for State and Federal Grants
- Keep our neighborhoods safe by supporting our Police and Fire Departments
- Keep our utilities low by ensuring our Gas and Electric Department run efficiently
- Improve communication with residents
- Work to improve the health of our community by supporting our Recreation Dept.
- Make Chambersburg a safe walking and biking community
- Work to improve our Downtown by supporting targeted initiatives
Lifetime Commitment to Family, Community, and Country
- Chambersburg resident since 1981; Ward 5 resident for nearly 30 years
- Married for 47 years to Patty Dolaway
- Father of 3 children; Grandfather to 6 boys
- Served as Chair of the Chambersburg Community Centers, Inc.
- Active volunteer in church and community
- Worked for the Chambersburg Recreation Dept for 30 years; retired in 2009 as the Superintendent
- Vietnam Veteran – US Navy Hospital Corpsman serving with the Marine Corps
Please Vote for Herb Dolaway for 5th Ward Borough Council on Tuesday, May 21st
5th Ward Polling places are:
Chambersburg Bible Church (Stanley and Orchard)
First Baptist Church (entrance on 6th Street & Bender Ave)