CHAMBERSBURG — Police are investigating a shooting that sent two people to area trauma centers early Saturday morning.
Names and conditions of the two were not available as of late Saturday morning.
Chambersburg Police Department officers responded to the 300 block of S Main Street just before 5: 30 a.m. for a report of shots fired.
According to a CPD news release, a fight broke out during an after party between several people. During the fight multiple shots were fired and two people were hit by bullets.
Both victims were transported to the Chambersburg Hospital and then flown out to other medical facilities.
Police said the shooting was an isolated dispute between two different groups who were known to each other.
The investigation is on-going and CPD asks anyone who has any information regarding the incident to contact the department at 264-4131 or leave a tip on Crimewatch.
Marion, Station 4 and Fayetteville Fire Police assisted police at the shooting scene.
Updates will be posted to this story as additional information become a available.
- Update: 4-09-2019 Drive-By Shooting Meant to Intimidate Witnesses
- Update: 4-05-2019 Charges Filed in South Main Street Shooting
- Update: 4-02-2019 Hearings Set in Gun Violation Cases
- Update: 4-01-2019 Men Wanted for Questioning in Custody
- Update: 3-30-2019 Police Looking for Persons of Interest
- Original Story: 3-30-2019 Two Injured in South Main Street Shooting