This is a simple, one-pan meal that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, and it’s a welcome change of pace from the same old thing you might be cooking for your family’s dinner!
Its healthy and filled with sausage, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, and of course, cabbage. Plus, it is cooked up all in one pan.
You can use your favorite sausage for this recipe. I did not add salt because the sausage comes packed with it from the store. If you want to kick the flavor up some add some salt.
Sausage, Cabbage and Cheese Skillet Dinner
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 links sausage sliced
- 2 large potatoes cubed
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- ½ large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ head cabbage cored and chopped
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Add sliced sausage and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic, potatoes, cabbage, worcestershire sauce and orange juice and cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and top with cheese.
- Transfer to the oven for 10 minutes or just until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve immediately.
We hope you like this recipe as much as we do. It’s tasty, super easy and quick to make. If you try this, we would love to hear from you in a comment section below.
Have a delicious week my friends!