CHAMBERSBURG — Major road construction is scheduled this summer on seven streets in Chambersburg, according to Assistant Borough Manager Phil Wolgemuth.
New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. is the contractor who will do the work, Wogleuth said. He did not have specific dates for the start of the road projects but said it will start soon.
Roads to be affected include:
- Blanchard Avenue (Cumberland Avenue to Garfield Street)
- South Fifth Street (East Liberty Street to East Catherine Street)
- South Fifth Street (Stanley Avenue to Maryland Avenue)
- Garfield Street (South Fourth Street to Cleveland Avenue)
- Kraiss Avenue (South Fourth Street to Coldbrook Avenue)
- East Liberty Street (South Fourth Street to South Seventh Street)
- Paul Avenue (South Fourth Street to Fifth Street)
The work will involve Full Depth Reclamation which recycles the existing asphalt to establish a base that is overlaid with an asphalt wearing course.
Construction activity will take place between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Vehicle access on these streets will be restricted, with a New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. flagging crew to properly direct vehicles through the construction site.
Parking will be prohibited at various times to allow the work to be done, Wolgemuth said. However, Full Depth Reclamation creates a large amount of dust so vehicle owners are strongly encouraged to not park on the street at all while construction activity takes place.
Also, streets may be closed to vehicle access. Please obey Street Closed signs. The Chambersburg Police Department will be contacted for any vehicle that disobeys Street Closed signs and enters a construction zone.
“The Borough of Chambersburg and New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co. apologize in advance for this inconvenience and thank vehicle operators for your patience while street construction work takes place,” Wolgemuth said.