There’s no need for the Muffin Man when you’ve got a formula that’s as simple and foolproof as this recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins.
Easy to make and insanely delicious, these Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are just perfect for the family. Sweet & tart, they can be served for breakfast or as a dessert.
I love that this Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin recipe is made with a few simple ingredients and the glaze is just mouthwatering.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (Glazed)
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Grease with cold butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, lemon extract, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, oil, lemon yogurt, and egg together.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture in three steps. Take care not to over-mix the batter.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While muffins are baking, prepare the glaze.
- Stir confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Muffins should be springy to the touch and a toothpick stuck in will come out clean.
- Drizzle with glaze.
- Let cool on rack for 3 minutes and remove from muffin tin.