The Chambersburg Area School District covers 250 square miles in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. Located near the center of the Cumberland Valley, the school district serves more than 61,000 people. CASD is composed of the Borough of Chambersburg, Greene, Hamilton, Letterkenny, and Lurgan townships, and most of Guilford Township.
CASD is the 22nd largest district (out of 553 including Charters) in Pennsylvania with more than 9,000 students . CASD also ranks 37th out of 500 in geographic size.
The district comprises 384 acres of property and 1.5 million square feet of building space:
- 13 elementary schools
- 4 secondary schools
- 1 administration building
- 2 support service buildings
- 1 transportation building
- 1 alternative education building
- An eNewsletter is issued to the community on a periodic basis.
- Student grades are available to students and parents electronically.
- Information Hotline – Important announcements pertaining to district events are available by phone 24-hours a day.
- For English, dial (717)261-5680.
- Para Espanol, llame (717)261-5684.
- Global Calling is used to share relevant information.
- For quick happenings throughout the district follow us on Twitter @CASDnews.