The County Board of Elections and the Department of State Bureau of Commissions are responsible for the management of all elections in Franklin County.
- May 14, 2019 | Last Day to Apply for Absentee Ballot
- May 17, 2019 | Last Day for County Board of Elections to Receive Absentee Ballot
- May 21, 2019 | Municipal Primary
- May 21, 2019 | Special Election for 33rd Senatorial District
- May 22, 2019 | 1st Day to Register After Primary
- May 28, 2019 | Last Day for Submit Military and Overseas Absentee Ballots
- Oct 07, 2019 | Last Day to Register for Municipal Election
- Oct 29, 2019 | Last Day to Request Civilian Absentee Ballot
- Nov 01, 2019 | Last Day to Submit Civilian Absentee Ballot
- Nov 05, 2019 | Municipal Election
- Nov 12, 2019 | Last Day to Submit Military and Overseas Absentee Ballots
Polling Stations for Franklin County, PA
Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
You can determine your polling station by checking your voter registration card or by contacting the Voter Registration office at 717-261-3886.
Registering to Vote in Franklin County, PA
In order to be eligible to register to vote, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States for at least one (1) month before the next election.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and your election district for at least thirty (30) days before the next election.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the day of the next election.
If you are currently registered to vote, you do not have to do anything unless you have moved, or wish to change your name or political party affiliation.
1. Register to Vote Online
2. Register to Vote in Person: You can register in person at the Franklin County Voter Registration Office which is located in the Old Courthouse on Memorial Square, Chambersburg, PA 17201 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday.
3. Register to Vote by Mail:
- Obtain a state or federal voter mail application from a candidate, political party and other Federal, State and municipal offices. You may also request one from the Department of State’s website at http://www.votespa.com
- Download a voter registration application from this website. Print, complete, sign and deliver to your County Voter Registration Office by mail or in person.
4. Register to Vote at PennDOT: Apply at the Department of Transportation photo license center when you obtain or update your driver’s license.
5. Register to Vote at Government Agencies: You can also register to vote at many other state government offices, including:
- State offices that provide public assistance and services to persons with disabilities.
- Armed Forces Recruitment Centers
- County’s Clerk of Court’s office
- Area Agencies on Aging and County Mental Health/Mental Retardation offices
- Centers for Independent Living
UMOVA Notice for Military & Overseas Voters
Military members may register to vote and request an official absentee ballot by using the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) available at www.votespa.com or www.fvap.gov. You may apply for an absentee ballot by submitting your FPCA by email to email@example.com or by fax to (717) 261-3131.
For more information download this PDF File
2019 Special Election Information
A Special Election will be held for 49 precincts in Franklin County to fill a vacancy in the office of Senator in the General Assembly in the 33rd Senatorial District. The Special Election will be held concurrently with the normally scheduled May 21, 2019, Municipal Primary from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM.